Use assessments to identify what’s happening, what’s gone wrong, what’s being done or what’s not being done. Find out how preparations are performing and keep records of each assessment.
It is part of being able to demonstrate your accountability. It is also useful to be able to delegate work throughout your organisation and even beyond, to your vendors and data processors.
Being able to launch and automate assessments is key to you staying in control. Each assessment, once completed, is information and knowledge to you.
Examples of Assessments
What might you want to assess?
- GDPR Readiness
- Controller/Processor Contract Status
- Vendor Privacy & Security
- Marketing Activities
- Legitimate Interests (an LIA and balancing test is supposed to be done in advance of using it as a lawful reason for processing)
- Vendor data centre security
- Recuitment processes
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Privacy Shield Readiness
- Security Policies
- Vendor Pre-Qualification
- Cyber Essentials
- Incident Reports
- Processing Activities
- Record of Processing
- Data Protection by Design & Default
- Processor Responsibilities and Liabilities
- Pre-Acquisition Personal Data Due Diligence
Are you looking after your own interests by doing even just some of these type of assessment?
If not, you might want to talk to us about outsourced assessment automation services.